Hi Igor R and Marat Abrarov and people on this list,

I am sorry for giving you a feeling of being abused by my question.
Maybe I did abuse in a certain point of view.
And I know what RTFM is.. TT

I have no experience of using or studying boost.
I have many interest about boost especially about asio.
Yes I didn't read many manuals.
I wanted to ask questions promptly.

I am sorry.... really.
And thank you for providing me good urls.

Sincerely
Journeyer J. Joh

Journeyer J. Joh
o o s a p r o g r a m m e r
a t
g m a i l  d o t  c o m

2013/4/14 Marat Abrarov <abrarov@mail.ru>
> I think this implementation looks similar to ACE. The proactor
> implementation varies depends on platforms. ACE uses native asynch IO
> features for Windows, Solaris but not for LINUX.
> I wanted to know if boost.asio implements asynch IO for LINUX not like
> ACE.

RTFM?
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/doc/html/boost_asio/overview/implementa
tion.html

> Then does proactor of boost.asio on LINUX work well? If it is portable I
> guess it should though.
>
> Do people use proactor of boost.asio on LINUX?

http://think-async.com/Asio/WhoIsUsingAsio

As far as I know, the best performance at Linux can be achieved using
"io_service-per-CPU design":
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/doc/html/boost_asio/examples.html#boost
_asio.examples.http_server_2

Regards,