Hi Kirk Joppy,

I didn't use pkg-config.
I didn't copy any header or library files of boost.
I specified those paths on the IDE, code::blocks.

As you might know my process is documented on my wiki.

https://github.com/Journeyer/wxboost/wiki/QnA

I believe using code::blocks is not a recommended way.
I also wanted to know how I can make compiler automatically find the paths of header files and libraries using pkg-config on Windows and even Linux also.

Thanks
Journeyer

Journeyer J. Joh
o o s a p r o g r a m m e r
a t
g m a i l  d o t  c o m

2013/7/5 Kirk Joppy <kirk.joppy@gmail.com>
> C:\boost_1_54_0> bootstrap.bat mingw
> Building Boost.Build engine
> C:\boost_1_54_0> bjam toolset=gcc

I have a specific question about this:

When you do as you've written, I believe this makes compiled library
files in boost_root\stage. In order to use MinGW you must then copy
these files to \MinGW\lib, and also copy the headers to a directory
called \MinGW\include\boost (since boost headers are supposed to be
included as #include "boost\boost_lib". Is this what you did? This
method of copying files bypasses pkg-config and the entire autotools
utility system, so how do you manage your build system? Do you simply
pass flags to your build system to ensure the libs are found?