Yeah, I tested it some more myself and the second one actually worked in a limited test case; turns out the problem I was having was somewhere else. I am now using your solution for the first technique though; it seems a little better.

Next problem I'm having though is using it with an erasure that can be used to store anything implementing insert and count as in a std::unordered_set. I've tried the following simple test, but it seems to have trouble converting between 'int' and the '_value' placeholder type.

Again, thanks for all of your patient help. I've learned a lot.

-sc

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 10:36 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj@gmail.com> wrote:
AMDG

On 03/20/2014 02:53 PM, Samuel Christie wrote:
> I've been trying to add a 'hashable' concept to one of my type erasure
> requirements, but I haven't been getting anywhere and I still don't
> understand the voluminous error messages enough to make any progress.

I didn't run into any of the problems you described.
Here's what I get by filling in your first version.
(tested with gcc 4.7.2 -std=c++11)

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe