Alle Meije

From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-02 02:38:22

strange - the make_i386_ms_pe_masm.o is in MS PE binary format but mingw
(g++) does not recognize it.
The regression tests at
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/coroutine.html pass
with mingw-4.8.2.
Do you use the code from branch master?
Maybe it is an issue of mingw-4.8.1?

Either that or of masm32? The test you mention uses the assembler of VC 8.

Would there be any way to tell? Or better even, a way around it?

Jul 02, 2014; 11:45am
Either that or of masm32?

because masm is made by Microsoft I would assume that the masm generates valid object files (correct binary format)

The test you mention uses the assembler of VC 8.

I assumed that MS VC uses masm - is this assumption not correct?

Would there be any way to tell? Or better even, a way around it?

around what? not to use masm? if yes you would have to provide the assembler code in the syntax your assembler tool understands and
you still have to provide object files in MS PE binary format

MS VC may use masm, but I am not using VC.
I installed masm from here http://www.masm32.com

With 'around' in this case I mean compile boost without installing VC.
Now installing WDK which provides an x64-compatible masm. That seems to be the only alternative?

Thanks for your helpful comments, I will let you know how I get on.

bw
Alle Meije