Hello Vincente,

thanks a lot for your quick response !

>>Sorry, the tutorial is wrong. It should be native_handle()

I have one more: On the same document the Thread attributes chapter starts with the example
attrs.set_size(4096*10);
Her it has to be set_stack_size as in the example below. Maybe you can find some time to fix it.

>>Done. Thread attributes were included in 1.50 :(
>>P.S. Please, look at the documentation of the version you are using.

Yes – sure ! I am not a bloody boost-beginner but still not very experience with it. So, I just needed confirmation that my guess is correct.
My project is rather complex and deals with a 3rd-party-component for which I need to update boost now. Hope it’s gonna work out – I might get back on this.

Thanks again,
best

Alex

Von: "Vicente J. Botet Escriba" <vicente.botet@wanadoo.fr>
Antworten an: <boost-users@lists.boost.org>
Datum: Sonntag, 7. Dezember 2014 00:40
An: <boost-users@lists.boost.org>
Betreff: Re: [Boost-users] Thread prioritization on OSX

Le 07/12/14 00:35, Vicente J. Botet Escriba a écrit :
Le 06/12/14 22:10, Alexander Carôt a écrit :
Hello all,

according to this:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_57_0/doc/html/thread/thread_management.html
#thread.thread_management.tutorial.attributes

I tried to change the thread priority to SCHED_RR on OS X via:

boost::thread::attributes attrs;
pthread_attr_setschedpolicy(attrs.get_native_handle(), SCHED_RR);
     sendThread = boost::thread(attrs,&sender::sendItThreadFunction,this);

In that context I noticed that get_native_handle is not known so I used
attr.native_handle(), which compiled ok but finally threw an error here:
Sorry, the tutorial is wrong. It should be native_handle()

/boost/boost/bind/bind.hpp:313:9: Type 'boost::thread_attributes' does not
provide a call operator

Please, could you post the source code and more context of the compile error?
I am still using boost 1.45 and wonder if this is the actual problem or if
something else is wrong.

I will check the code of  this version.

Done. Thread attributes were included in 1.50 :(

Version 3.0.0 - boost 1.50

New Features:
  • #2741 Proposal to manage portable and non portable thread attributes.

Best,
Vicente

P.S. Please, look at the documentation of the version you are using.