On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 5:42 AM, Daniel James <dnljms@gmail.com> wrote:
On 20 March 2016 at 00:16, Daniel James <dnljms@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've put the documentation on the website. It's linked from the release notes:
>
> http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_61_0.html

I've compared the documentation build with my last build and found a
few issues (including one in my build). I don't think any are
important enough to delay the beta.

ASIO documentation is being built in the wrong place, which breaks a
few links. I build it using something like 'cd doc && b2 -q asio'.

OK. I'll have to figure out why it's built in the wrong place when built indirectly from the root/doc dir.

Libraries which are in the combined documentation are being built
twice, once for the combined documentation and once as standalone, for
example:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_61_0_b1/doc/html/xpressive.html
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_61_0_b1/libs/xpressive/doc/html/

I've just manually maintained a list of documentation that need a
standalone build. The list is currently:

    geometry phoenix fusion spirit spirit/repository algorithm
    context coroutine coroutine2 numeric/odeint log tti
    functional/factory functional/forward range utility core
    convert test sort bind tuple python vmd compute hana

1. I really, really, really, don't want to maintain manual lists of this stuff any longer. It's horribly error prone..

2. That list already misses some standalone docs. For example predef :-(

3. Since library authors don't know that manual list existed new libraries where not included.

I guess the code added in doc/Jamfile.v2 could use that, instead of
globbing for all '*/doc' directories.

I'll have to think of a modular way to do this :-\

Some intermediate files are included. The way we've been doing it is
to build the documentation, then add the contents of the various
'html' directories to a zipfile, and extract that into a clean
checkout, so I've never kept a list of the unneeded files. Some
examples are:

doc/AutoDoxywarnings.log
doc/accumulators.tag
doc/dvips.version
doc/gs.version
libs/geometry/doc/doxy/ (everything in the directory).

I can try and clean those up.. By removing non-git files (except html dir). So that one is easily fixable.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything