Thank you for the reply!

I was thinking of using the absolute temperature in a modeling framework.
I don't really know which units the user is going to use.
The kelvin units were just used in the example to show my difficulties in using absolute temperature dimensions.
I am afraid the user can do something like temperature = 20 * celsius while hoping to get (273.15 + 20) * kelvin.
Unfortunately, if I use absolute temperature to avoid this problem, then that variable needs to be converted to relative temperature every time it is used in expressions (e.g. ideal gas law: n = PV/(RT)).

I'll probably use relative temperatures and document it very well.

Best regards,
João Leal

AMDG

On 04/18/2016 03:32 AM, João Leal wrote:

> I'm trying to use absolute temperature in some expressions.
> Unfortunately I'm having some issues with the compilation.
> For instance, if I divide an absolute temperature by itself I would expect
> to get 1 dimensionless, however that will cause a compilation error.

  This is forbidden by design.  Division of
absolute temperatures only makes sense
for kelvin.  If you're only using kelvin,
then you don't really need to use absolute.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe