To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
From: steinbach@scionics.de
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 21:03:49 +0200
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Trouble Updating Boost to run OpenFOAM

Hi Blair,

the following will get the job done, but will clutter your system with manually build binaries (which I don't recommend and others warned about already).

On 09.06.2016 20:19, Blair Climenhaga wrote:
  1. Download an unzip to a directory to /home/su2/Programs such that boost_1_61_0 is now in the directory.

  2. cd into the boost_1_61_0 directory
  3. Ran ./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/usr/local

  4. Ran ./b2

        5. Ran sudo ./b2 install

You can do all steps as a regular user which has sudo rights.

As Leon suggests, this is documented in http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_61_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#easy-build-and-install !

Best,
Peter
--