Thanks Maarten,

How would I go about linking -lboost_system and -lboost_thread? I'm sorry, I am just starting out with Linux. I should say that I am using Ubuntu 14.04. Thanks in advance for any and all help you can provide.

All the best,
Blair Climenhaga

From: maarten@de-vri.es
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 22:29:16 +0200
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Undefined Reference to 'boost::system::generic_category()'

On 15 June 2016 at 21:24, Blair Climenhaga <blairclimenhaga@hotmail.ca> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been attempting to install OpenFOAM however the boost library has been giving me trouble, most recently reading out these error during OpenFOAM installation.

undefined reference to `boost::system::generic_category()'
undefined reference to `boost::system::system_category()'

You need to link with -lboost_system (or equivalent for whatever name your platform uses)​. Most libraries in boost are header only, but that is not true for everything. Boost system is one of the libraries that needs a compiled library.

undefined reference to `boost::detail::set_tss_data(void const*, boost::shared_ptr<boost::detail::tss_cleanup_function>, void*, bool)'
undefined reference to `boost::detail::get_tss_data(void const*)'

Similar problem, link with -lboost_thread​

Regards,
​Maarten