From: Boost-users [mailto:boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org] On Behalf Of mahmood n via Boost-users
Sent: 19 October 2017 07:59
To: Alex Perry
Cc: mahmood n; boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Many undefined references for libboost_filesystem

I used another gcc version 4.5 (Ubuntu 11.04) and it works without any problem!

I don’t know what is wrong with gcc-4.6. Though the problematic platform was Kubuntuu 12.04.

I am know trying with Ubuntu 12.04 which uses gcc-4.6 to see if it is really a gcc problem or the platform!

Good luck.

But as a PS, I’m puzzled that you are using such old software, both GCC (on version 7) and Boost (on 1.65) – and Ubuntu too (on 16.04), known to be riddled with many Old Bugs.

I would have thought that you would be much better off without those bugs (even if that adds a few New Bugs) by starting with all new current software.  (If management objects, tell them there is a price for using obsolete software, and you are paying it now).

Paul

---

Paul A. Bristow

Prizet Farmhouse