post used to cause the handler to be executed some time in the future on a thread associated with the executor. It was guaranteed not to happen immediately.
dispatch used to:
  a. if called by a thread currently associated with the executor, cause the handler to happen now.
  b. otherwise behave as per post.

Has this really changed, or does the documentation have an error?

On 5 January 2018 at 08:45, Vinnie Falco via Boost-users <boost-users@lists.boost.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:46 PM, Daniel Bergström via Boost-users
<boost-users@lists.boost.org> wrote:
> The free functions defer, dispatch and post all have the exact same set of
> overloads and description in the library's reference (version 1.66.0).

My understanding is that the post and defer functions replace the old
asio_handler_is_continuation mechanism. See:

<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_66_0/doc/html/boost_asio/net_ts.html>

Thanks