On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 11:25 AM, Daniel James via Boost-users <boost-users@lists.boost.org> wrote:
On 5 April 2018 at 16:11, Thorsten Ottosen via Boost-users
<boost-users@lists.boost.org> wrote:

> It's the fact that one of the merged changes was to inherit privately from
> the clone_allocator which in turn forbids the use of final classes as
> clone_allocator types.

Oh, that's something I haven't thought about. There are quite a few
places in boost where inheritance from generic types is used,
presumably they've all got the same problem. I'm not sure if there's a
good way to handle this.

Can't you just wrap it and derive from the wrapper?

For instance, I have a wrapper (which is a little overkill for this) at ebo_wrapper.h.  My version uses the traits in std, but Boost.TypeTraits has equivalents.
--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin@cplusplusguy.com>  +1-847-691-1404