On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 7:34 AM, David Demelier via Boost-users <boost-users@lists.boost.org> wrote:
On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 11:54:41AM +0000, Chris Glover wrote:
> On Fri, 4 May 2018 at 01:57 David Demelier <markand@malikania.fr> wrote:
> > Just curious, is there some coding convention in boost? I just realized
> > predef is the only one component that I use which use .h header suffix
> > instead of .hpp.
>
> There are some rough guidelines here:
>
> https://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html

Thanks, that is handy!

> "Files intended to be processed by a C++ compiler as part of a translation
> unit should have a three-letter filename extension ending in "pp". Other
> files should not use extensions ending in "pp". This convention makes it
> easy to identify all of the C++ source in Boost."
>
> So, the .h files don't require a C++ compiler and could be used in C.

Understood, thanks for that quick replies!

Not just C. The Predef headers where designed to compile with C++, C, Objective C, and Objective C++. Essentially any language that uses the C preprocessor can use the Predef headers.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything