On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 3:05 PM Niall Douglas via Boost-users <boost-users@lists.boost.org> wrote:

> >> Networking ought to be some stupid-simple coroutinised Ranges i/o API
> > on the top. […]
> >
> > This.
>
> We *may* get this, if everything works out.
>
> Eric Niebler has a fairly complete concept of what a high level Ranges
> i/o ought to look like.
>
> Dalton Woodard is working on a generic mechanism for Ranges i/o to
> discover any low level scatter-gather i/o implementation, such that
> Ranges can "just work" with whatever you feed it.
>
> Elias Kosunen is working on an iostreams << replacement matching the >>
> replacement which is fmt, just standardised into C++ 20.
>
> Zach Laine and others are working on Unicode string support.
>
> I'm working on a generic low level i/o library API, and have just
> internally distributed the first draft of an enhanced C++ memory and
> object model which has first class support for exchanging
> representations of objects between multiple C++ programs. I'll be
> releasing draft 2 to SG12 next week, I'll be speaking on the topic at
> ACCU in April followed by attending WG14 in May, all building towards
> generating a head of steam for progress within WG21 over
> Cologne-Belfast-Prague-Bulgaria.

I don't see how it is a good thing for things that haven't been adopted to make it straight into the standard. What's wrong with publishing libraries, then standardizing the ones that are already de-facto standard? Github makes things super easy, publish stuff, and in a few years we know what's what and then standardization is a simple nod from the committee, reflecting the reality of what's already used in practice.