Don’t you need to add -lboost_chrono to the gcc command line?

Gcc does not do automatic linker comment insertion.

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 08:26, Andrew McFarlane via Boost-users <boost-users@lists.boost.org> wrote:

Your instinct was right, I was using Boost 1.71.0, though replacing that version with 1.72.0 has not fixed the issue. I am getting the same error message as before in both cases.

-AJ

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 6:04 PM Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 5:41 PM Andrew McFarlane via Boost-users
<boost-users@lists.boost.org> wrote:
> I have copied the code from tutorial #1 into my IDE,
> Timer.1: Using a timer synchronously: > https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/doc/html/boost_asio/tutorial/tuttimer1.html

You're using the example code from Boost 1.72.0. Are you also using
the asio headers from Boost 1.72.0? Or do you have an older version of
Boost installed (say, the one that comes with your OS distribution)?

Thanks
Richard Hodges
hodges.r@gmail.com
office: +442032898513