What is the "triangular system of equations" that need to be solved? And how to solve it?

I'm not familiar with these terms!

However, I came across another article beside yours that dealt with Stieltjes polynomials. Yours deal with Legendre polynomials-Stieltjes polynomials, but theirs deal with Legendre function of the second kind with regard to Stieltjes polynomials.

They have a mathematica code, which I don't quite understand but their code yields 1.08169 for the same n and x as below.

https://tpfto.wordpress.com/2019/04/14/stieltjes-polynomials-and-gauss-kronrod-quadrature/

Does this mean that we can generate different Stieltjes polynomials with different orthogonal polynomials and/or functions?

Can you help me out please?
Thanks

On Saturday, February 22, 2020, 01:26:11 PM GMT+4, John Maddock via Boost-users <boost-users@lists.boost.org> wrote:

On 22/02/2020 03:25, N A via Boost-users wrote:
> Hi
>
> The Legendre polynomials (Lp) of degree n=5 and x=0.2 is 0.30752 and
> according to Boost article, the Legendre-Stieltjes polynomials (LSp)
> of degree n=5 and x=0.2 is 0.53239.
>
> So if I want to compute the LSp for n=6, how do I do it? What is the
> formula you are using to be able to calculate the LSp for any nth degree?
>
> If a recurrence relation is not possible, then is there a closed form
> mathematical representation to calculate any nth degree LSp?

Please see Patterson, TNL. "The optimum addition of points to quadrature
formulae." Mathematics of Computation 22.104 (1968): 847-856

John.