Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Reviewing GGL against Boost requirements
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande)
Date: 2009-04-20 06:18:59

Hi,

>> If these are the guidelines we'll follow them. Alas they don't give a
>> number of spaces but let's take 4, as this is used in MPL and probably
>> everywhere. So re-tabbing is not necessary.
>
> OK. Four is perfect for me.

Yep I had seen this divergence from Boost guidelines when I joined the
project. Didn't do anything at that moment but I knew it would be
necessary in case of inclusion into Boost. And if you want to follow
the 80 characters guideline, it's necessary to not use tabs, for
obvious reasons. So let's go ahead and replace tabs by 4 spaces.

One thing about 80 characters: this guideline in much more easy to
follow when namespaces are not indented. It's the case in a lot of
Boost code and it's quite accepted in the C++ community. So given the
number of nested namespaces we sometimes have in GGL we could do that
as well. I've never noticed any particular problem of readability in
code I've written that way.

Regards
Bruno

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net