Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] plan
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-04-22 05:38:22

> Oh I wanted to talk about that, and had finally forgotten. I
> personally think that UPPERCASE should only be used for macros and
> constant literals, BTW I wonder if there's not a Boost guideline or
> implicit rule prohibiting the use of UPPERCASE in any other context.
> In Boost, typedefs are usually in lower_case like you did (exactly
> like types, which is consistent) and template parameters are
> UpperCase. That's why concept names are usually UpperCase as well in
> the docs, since they end up as template parameters in the code. What
> do you think about all that?

OK, these are indeed the guidelines.

    * Names (except as noted below) should be all lowercase, with words
      separated by underscores.
    * Template parameter names begin with an uppercase letter.

So we'll follow them.

Most template parameters are single char's (I think this is allowed...)
but where they are not (I sometimes used STRATEGY, SEG / SEC) they have
to be changed coming time.

Barend