Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] distance and convex hull for multi-geometries
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-04-30 16:38:54

Hi,

I implemented the distance algorithm for multi geometries
(single-to-multi, multi-to-multi). This is to verify this discussion:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/187452/match=distance
(I need it next week in BoostCon).
Distance is not yet completed but these ~100 lines of code cover 75% of
the matrix of 36 possibilities (6x6, point-point, point-linestring, etc)...
Future improvement: they would probably profit from a spatial index on
multi-s.

Furthermore I also implemented convex hull for multi-points (email
Nicolas) and multi-linestrings/multi-polygons.
I therefore also created a tiny utility "as_range" which can see the
exterior ring of a polygon as a range. Having as_range, polygons don't
have to be handled differently.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net