Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] inline keyword in class definition
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande)
Date: 2009-05-11 04:14:21

Hi Barend

> Then: 2008 is for me (very weird) much much slower than 2005. Factor 5 -
>>10 slower (so 13.7 seconds instead of 0.94 seconds for a simplify). I
> checked and checked and cannot find anything I did wrong... Probably I did
> something wrong but cannot find. It would be good if someone else compares
> these two. I talked about this with a Microsoft guy at BoostCon. According
> to him the compilers are nearly the same. So there must be something
> different.

Weird indeed... the engines of those compilers are probably quite the
same, differences are mostly about C++ standard compliance. I will
check this week to see if I obtain the same result and if I can find a
way to improve things for MSVC 2008. Did you try to generate the
Makefile and to compare the parameters passed to the compiler for
each?

Regards
Bruno

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net