Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Efficient rotation about a point
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-12-01 13:59:11

>>> Barend, since GGL transformers aren't composable, wouldn't it be
>>> right for GGL to provide some type of transformer taking a matrix as
>>> its constructor parameter?
>>
>> Yes, I think that is a good idea. Will be solved (either done, or
>> maybe they should be composable).
>
> I was thinking about it yesterday.
>
> For now, wouldn't it be sufficient to use ublas_transformer
> and enable compositions [1] with a simple custom matrix [2] in similar
> manner as Boost.GIL does it.
>
> [1] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_0/libs/gil/example/affine.cpp
> [2]
> http://www.koders.com/cpp/fidEE0E20E57D2E5FCE4EE30F3AF143F5E78A7749B3.aspx

Interesting! I didn't know that GIL defined its own matrix. That the
link is broken, it refers to extensions not being there (so therefore
[2]). Which shows the potential fragility of extensions.

It is a good idea but I don't think we can or should copy this exactly
because we cannot rely on external sources. Anyway, we can implement it
using an uBlas matrix, or include it as an example (actually, that *is*
the way GIL does it.... So right...)

Thanks, Barend