Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] maps-charts-graphs
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2010-03-24 09:24:12

hi Fausto,

Welcome to the list.

> we are using boost for graphs and its property_map implementation, and
> we are trying to integrate maps and charts to our library.
> Do you think it would be possible to use ggl as a base library to
> merge the three domains graphs, maps and charts?

Yes, I think it is possible.

> Is there any usage of the boost property_map concepts inside ggl?
No, they are completely independant and so is Boost.Graph from
Boost.Geometry. However, geometry can work together with graph as in an
example is shown.

Boost.Geometry does not define any attribute. You can define them
yourself by creating your own geometries. They can have attributes in a
std::map, property_map (must be possible, didn't try it until now) or
another technique you want. If you register those geometries,
Boost.geometry works.

> If not, do you think that it's easy to integrate it, for example to
> have the list of GIS geometries (for ex. countries) produced with ggl
> mapped inside a property_map?
I don't know the property_map details, though I did work with
Boost.Graph. So I cannot answer this now, maybe someone else from this list.

 From std::map point of view, you can have:
a map with geometries, e.g. std::map<string, geometry> (e.g.
country-name, country-border) with countries (as you propose for
property map)
a geometry with maps (each geometry having a std::map<string, any> with
propertyname/property value

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net