Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: problems with Boost Geometry Xcode compile?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2010-09-04 14:38:26

On 09/03/10 21:31, Stjepan Rajko wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Mark McCann <mmccann_at_[hidden]
> <mailto:mmccann_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> Now that we've figured that out, do you have any idea at to what the
> fix would be? My #undef hack seems to work ok, but this is an ugly
> hack.
>

> As Mateusz hinted, it is Apple's use of a "check" macro that is
> causing ugliness. Can you include boost geometry stuff before you
> include the offending header file?

Folks,

Andrew James posted comment to my blog post about this issue and it look
there is a dedicated macro that should fix this problem.

http://mateusz.loskot.net/2010/03/10/cc-macros-made-by-apple/comment-page-1/#comment-2772

Here is Andrew's comment pasted

===
Sorry if this is old news, I just happened to stumble across your post
today after finding the answer to this: by setting the macro
__ASSERT_MACROS_DEFINE_VERSIONS_WITHOUT_UNDERSCORES=0
before including the Carbon headers, it will undefine the bad Apple
(i.e., non-underscored) macros. See the comments (about 3/4 of the way
down) in
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/CarbonHeaders/CarbonHeaders-18.1/AssertMacros.h
===

Best regards,