Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] incorrect result for an intersection
From: Arash Partow (arash)
Date: 2011-04-16 19:27:48

Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
> GPC will happily accept self intersecting polygons and produce garbage output without letting you know the output is bad.

On another note, I believe it to be a reasonable assumption to make - what is inputted is not garbage. Its up to the caller to decide how best to go about checking the input for faults. Because it is possible that some types of input maybe constructed by means that would never allow certain degeneracies to occur - hence checking for such degeneracies would be a waste of time etc. "Robustness In Geometric Computations" by Christoph M. Hoffman (2001) has a nice discussion relating to folding (the software process not the geometric one) which explains such views.

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net