Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] spacial index
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz)
Date: 2011-04-24 14:24:48

W dniu 2011-04-23 22:15, Bruno Lalande napisal(a):
> Hi Adam,
>
> Interesting, I'm curious about the result... I was suspecting memory
> consumption problems with the new model, but certainly not performance
> regressions. Probably we'll have to dig to know where they come from
> exactly (hope you have an easy way to switch implementations).

In the old and new implementation there are two different algorithms
implemented so I guess the exact comparision of the building process
isn't possible. I was surprised that query takes more time because it's
basically one loop with comaprision of bounding boxes and function call.
I performed more tests and figured out that there is an bug which causes
incorrect tree to be created. I'm currently looking into the matter.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net