Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] disjoint/intersects missing box/ring/polygon + linestring ?
From: Barend Gehrels (barend)
Date: 2011-05-04 18:23:30

>> I also find the box/box within cannot pass the complie.
>> There is no default_strategy for box_tag + areal_tag, so before
>> dispatch::within being applied, it already stopped in
>> default_strategy (even there is a box_in_box dispatch).
>
> OK, thanks for this message. I'm afraid this is broken unnoticed and I
> apparently failed to write a unit-test for this case, sorry about that.
>
> This will be fixed soon.

Fixed in Trunk, and added this combination to the unit-test.

It will be a proper strategy in the future. The box-in-box for cartesian
is trivial, but for spherical it is quite interesting. Not only because
of the dateline, but also because a box with same longitude-coordinates
as another box may still fall completely inside. Currently, a
spherical-box in spherical-box will fail to compile, cartesian succeeds.

Thanks again for the report.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net