Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] k-d tree interface
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz)
Date: 2011-06-03 22:45:55

Vishnu wrote:
> Is there functionality for searching points in a 2D region that lie within a
> specified distance of a given point? I saw that there was a lot of
> discussion on k-d trees earlier, in 2010, but just wanted to check.

Hi, there are only r-tree implementations. One is in the 'official'
branch. One is in new version of Geometry.Index (see previous e-mails).
Both implements only searching for points within some box. So for now,
you could retrieve points from some region of interest around your point
and sort them by yourself. I plan to implement knn search in rtree later.

If you'd like to use new implementation, don't use rstar_tag because
R*-tree variant is still under development. What is more, it's possible
that the interface (template parameters and the constructor) will be
changed. Max and min number of elements parameters will possibly be
moved from the constructor to the template parameters list.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net