Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] rtree min and max elements
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz)
Date: 2011-07-09 03:07:38

feverzsj wrote:
> hi, Adam
>
>> What do you think about passing max and min elements as compile-time
>> template parameters instead of run-time constructor parameters? We
>> could implement some further optimizations.
>>
>> index::rtree<Value, 32, 8> t;
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> index::rtree<Value> t(32, 8);
>
> I'd prefer template parameters, but the user should get well informed
> about how to set up optimized parameters (maybe offer some meta functions).

As I described in the other e-mail there is a version of the rtree with
the compile-time parameters
(https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index).
Because different creation algorithms may require different parameters
they're passed together:

index::rtree<Value, index::linear<32, 8> > t;
index::rtree<Value, index::quadratic<32, 8> > t;
index::rtree<Value, index::rstar<32, 8> > t;
index::rtree<Value, index::rstar<32, 8, 0, 10> > t;

Thoughts?

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net