Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] "touches" in boost.geometry?
From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz)
Date: 2011-10-20 18:34:02

2011/10/20 Adam Wulkiewicz <adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden]>:
> I've forgotten about one function - disjoint_with_boundry().

It's unclear to me what you mean here.
If you mean geometries A and B are disjoint but with possible intersection of
their boundaries, then it is OGC touches()

http://postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/ST_Touches.html

> Of course names I've used are just examples. Ideally we would have one function
> and template/function parameters would describe the relationship. I
> recall that we talked about it earlier and that the first template
> parameter can't be used to achieve this goal:
>
> intersects<without_boundry>(A, B); // impossible

I'm a GIS boy, so forgive me if I'm biased, but it is easier for me to
speak my language.
I sense you mean this (note, it is not OGC contains, but a distinct refinement):

http://postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/ST_ContainsProperly.html

Do we agree?

Best regards,

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org