Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: rtree ?
From: Barend Gehrels (barend)
Date: 2011-11-27 20:49:05

Hi,

On 26-11-2011 23:34, Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:
> Bernhard wrote:
>>
>> Adam Wulkiewicz wrote
>>>
>>> Of course, I'm planning to do it. But first, I'd like to hear from you
>>> all, do you like the interface? Maby something should be added or
>>> changed?
>>>

>> I have now noticed a strange effect: If I base my box geometries on
>> model::point<double, 2, cartesian> everything works. However, if I use
>> model::d2::point_xy<double, cartesian>, I get a series of compilation
>> errors. It took me quite a time to figure this out, as I had thought
>> those
>> to be equivalent (other than the convenience functions) and used the
>> latter,
>> and with everything except the rtree they work indiscriminately.
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, I remember this issue. I've reported this earlier. If I use
> point_xy instead of point as a base point type there is an compilation
> error in geometry\algorithms\convert.hpp:
>
> 'boost::mpl::assertion_failed' : cannot convert parameter 1 from
> 'boost::mpl::failed ************(__thiscall
> boost::geometry::dispatch::convert<UseAssignment,Tag1,Tag2,DimensionCount,Geometry1,Geometry2>::NOT_OR_NOT_YET_IMPLEMENTED_FOR_THIS_GEOMETRY_TYPES::*
> ***********)(boost::mpl::assert_::types<T1,T2>)' to
> 'boost::mpl::assert<false>::type'
> D:\lib\boost_geometry\boost\geometry\algorithms\convert.hpp 226

Ah, was that the problem. You reporterd earlier that point_xy was not
working in index for area, but not that this was the reason. Thanks for
this new report and with this it is fixed now.

Besides this I also updated/extended the linestring/polygon intersection
(which is working for intersection and difference now, in all cases that
I tested. Will do some more test next week.)

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net