Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Using Boost.Geometry with a legacy class hierarchy
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-07 13:37:11

Hi Mats,

On 7-3-2012 14:17, Mats Taraldsvik wrote:
> Hi Barend,
>
> I have tried to define a random access iterator, but I am getting a
> lot of compiler errors, possibly related to iterator conversion or
> pointer conversion, which I don't understand. Could you take a look?
>
> https://gist.github.com/1852693 (most recent version)

Right, using MSVC I get a lot less. But still there is. The basic thing is:

../../../../../../..\boost/geometry/algorithms/correct.hpp(173) : error
C2664:
'boost::geometry::detail::correct::correct_ring<Ring,Predicate>::apply'
: cannot convert parameter 1 from 'QRing *' to 'QRing *&'

This is somehow related to traits like this:
template <> struct tag<QRing*>

We're discussing internally how to get on with things like this. Bruno
has made a suggestion for an elegant solution (on the pointer-to-point
related to const, etc), which I will try this weekend. That might change
(and simplify) your approach too, so if you don't mind I will not spend
too much on these issues...

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net