Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Douglas Peucker on 3D lines
From: Stephan Menzel (stephan.menzel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-16 07:37:55

Hi Barend,

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Now the first question is, the way I understand the docs, I shouldn't
>> have to specify a Strategy. But with the default strategy I get a
>> static assertion error telling me this is not supported for my point
>> type. Why?
>

> I don't get the assertion. See attached sample, based on the existing sample
> and your code. So basically it should run.
>
> If you still have it, and are still interested, could you send me the
> assertion trail or the code?

It may well be compiler specific. The build environment I got this in
is VC9 (Visual Studio 2008). It quite a lerge project and there is
also extensive use of plenty other boost libraries such as asio,
spirit, phoenix and ublas. At this point I cannot completely rule out
some sort of namespace or template lookup issue, even though I usually
take much care to avoid these. From a distance, it sounds like it may
be something like that.

Problem is, this is a customer's project and I don't have access to
either build environment or code right now as it is finished now. All
I can say is that I did pretty much the same as you in your sample and
it only worked when I did like the second part of your example. The
first part threw this assertion. In any case, as soon as I have access
to this project again I will give it another shot and send you the
complete output.

At home here (Linux, gcc-4.6, boost 1.49) I don't get the assertion
and the code compiles fine.

> The other questions were already answered or fixed now (previous mail).

Thanks a bunch!
I will post here once I have the information.

Cheers,
Stephan

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net