Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] readers/writers in VTK format for polygons
From: Tomislav Maric (tomislav.maric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-02 05:40:01

Hi everyone,

is there somewhere an additional source of information for IO and formatting
apart from the sources?

I would like to extend the IO functionality to deal with the VTK Polydata file
format for writing polygons, since I am planning to use boost.geometry for 3D
calculations, and I am using ParaView VTK visualization application to visualize
my simulation data, which works great for 3D stuff.

I've read about the design rationale and the background of metaprogramming, tag
dispatching, etc for a while now from different books, and I get those concepts,
finally. O.o'

I am using boost.geometry that is shipped with boost version 1.53 and I am
digging through the "io" directory trying to figure out where to start.. so I
would appreciate any advice..

Thanks in advance!

Tomislav

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net