Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] translation and rotation proposal
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-22 17:59:27

2013/6/22 Bruno Lalande <bruno.lalande_at_[hidden]>

> MyVector v = return_difference<MyVector>(p1, p2);
>>

> OK, what I had in mind was to allow for an interface where users don't
> have to specify the return type (the call would just be
> return_different(p1, p2) and the library would just determine if a vector
> or a point is expected). But I realize your proposal is more aligned with
> what we generally do right now in the library. I do have plans to make all
> return_xxx functions more convenient, not just that one, and what I was
> proposing better fits in those more general plans, so yes we can skip it
> for now.

Yes, I've choosen the interface close to the one used right now:

MyVector v = return_difference<MyVector>(p1, p2);
//and
difference(p1, p2, v);

Does it colide with the one you'd like to introduce later? I guess no,
because you plan to support it together with the existing one?

But what about coordinate_system? Should we use it even if we omit it for
now and assume that Vectors and other concepts we'd like to add now are
cartesian?

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net