Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] io - WKB
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-21 17:23:40

Hi,

I don't think a container is a good choice. Streams were invented for a
reason (regardless of the language), which is to allow tranfers of data
without loading it all in memory. If a user wants to load directly from/to
a file, a network or any out-of-memory resource, he needs streams in order
to minimize memory consumption. If however he wants it all in a container
for any reason, stream iterators are here for that.

Regarding variants, I implemented them for a few algos (this is not
"public-facing" for the time being) and I did it for WTK as it was useful
for testing. For now the implementation is a little bit boiler-plate, with
most of the magic repeated in all algos. Moving forward I intend to
factorize but I need the big picture first

Regards
Bruno

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net