Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] registered rings
From: Alessandro Ranellucci (alex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-03 16:28:47

Hello!
I have two questions about BOOST_GEOMETRY_REGISTER_RING().

The first one is: how can I specify I want my rings to be counter-clockwise and open? I.e. the two bools that are available when defining a model::ring. I can't see how to set them using the above macro.

The second one is about using convex_hull() with a registered ring as second argument (output). It failed to compile because my class hasn't got const_reference. How should I do?
However, it succeeded (and works too) if I supply a generic std::vector<point_type> as output argument, which is non-documented behavior since it's not a known geometry. Also, such std::vector is populated assuming clockwise and closed loops.

Thanks for clarifying! :)

- Alessandro

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net