Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] within(Poly, Poly)
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-25 16:56:43

On 25 September 2013 19:34, Adam Wulkiewicz <adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> What do think we should do with self-intersecting polygons? This is slightly modified traverse_intersection_52:
>

> Is the blue polygon within the green one?

According to OGC specification, the result is undefined.
In other words: self-intersecting polygons are not valid and therefore
their spatial relation can not be determined.

There was somewhat related discussion, see the thread
"[ggl] is_simple is_valid" started by Barend:
http://lists.boost.org/geometry/2009/10/index.php

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
"Participation in this whole process is a form of torture" ~~ Szalony

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net