Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] Problem with simplify
From: dreadlox (awallrab_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-07 10:00:08

Hello,
Until a few weeks I was using simplify from 1.47 with the default strategy
(Douglas Peucker) on a linestring.
Then I switched to 1.53 and I see major changes in the outcome of simplify.
In a specific example with 1.47 I used a linestring with an initial size of
100000 points. When I use simplify on this linestring
I get a reduced linestring with a length of about 6000 points. With 1.53 and
the same example I get a reduced linestring length of about 99000 points. I
checked the release notes but I cannot find any changes made to simplify.
Did anybody else notice such a problem ?

Regards
dreadlox