Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Buffer algorithm
From: joan ABADIE (joan.abadie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-22 10:38:48

Hi Barend,

I have looked at test_buffer.hpp.

It gave me some tips on how to compute a buffer with buffer_inserter
but I can't figure out how to define 2 templates : JoinStrategy and
EndStrategy.

Could you help me to define them ?

Here is an easy code sample to go from a linestring to a buffered polygon.

typedef boost::geometry::model::d2::point_xy<double,
boost::geometry::cs::cartesian> Point_type;

typedef boost::geometry::model::polygon<Point_type>
Polygon_type;///CCW closed cartesian polygon

typedef boost::geometry::model::linestring<Point_type>
LineString_type;///CCW closed cartesian polygon

typedef boost::geometry::coordinate_type<LineString_type>::type coordinate_type;

typedef Point_type point_type;

typedef Point_type output_point_type;

LineString_type boostTrajectory; //my line string to buffer

//to be initialized here

boost::geometry::strategy::buffer::distance_asymmetric

    <

    coordinate_type

    distance_strategy(bufferDistance, bufferDistance);

std::vector<Polygon_type> buffered; //buffered result

boost::geometry::buffer_inserter<Polygon_type>(boostTrajectory,
std::back_inserter(buffered),

    distance_strategy,

* ???join_strategy???,*

* ???end_strategy???*