Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Changes in WKB (read) behaviour proposal (WKT Part)
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-04 16:11:18

Hi Mats,

Mats Taraldsvik wrote On 4-11-2013 21:31:

>>> The parser should support 3D as long as both the expected point
>>> dimensions
>>> and the wkb point dimensions match. I have tested this for 3D/Z. M
>>> is not
>>> supported by WKT yet, apparently, so I could not test this easily.
>> M is there too, see OGC specification in version 1.2.0.
>
> I meant boost::geometry's WKT reading. At least, I got an error when I
> tried POINTM(1 2 3), but that might be the wrong syntax.

POINT M ( 1 2) is OK and according to the spec.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well-known_text

Not all of WKT is supported, for example: TIN/TRIANGLE are not. But the
specs is followed quite closely.

We also have additions: we use WKT for the unit-test too, extensively.
Therefore we also added BOX and SEGMENT. We also support e.g. 5D (e.g.
for distance centroid) and therefore our wkt's can have 2,3,4,5 or more
dimensions

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net