Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] WKB support (write)
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-29 17:18:52

On 29 November 2013 22:00, Mats Taraldsvik <mats.taraldsvik_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I might need WKB write support soon, and I'm planning to start implementing
> this as soon as I have time. Is there consensus on the interface and/or the
> implementation?

AFAIK, no clear consensus, but my opinion is that we should use iterator-based
as primary interface and stream-based as complementary.

> I guess the detail/endian.hpp is complete, also for writing (using store
> instead of load)?

Yes, this concept is based on the traditional load/store architecture [1]
If we consider stream of bytes as memory and objects as equivalent of
registers, then
load - loads value from memory into object
store - stores value from object back into memory

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load-store_unit_(computing)

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net