Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] How to repair self-intersections
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-24 21:52:43

Hi,

John Swensen wrote:
> I there a way with the current library to fix self-intersections? I
> know I used a SVN version several years ago that had a dissolve
> routine in the extension/algorithms directory that seemed to do the
> trick, but the extensions directory doesn't seem to exist anymore. I
> tried to grep through the sources, look at all the examples, and read
> through the documentation again, but can't seem to find the same
> functionality. I suspect I just don't know what it is called, so any
> suggestions on how to go about repairing the results of a sequence of
> polygon boolean operations to remove these self-intersections would be
> great.

Boost doesn't use SVN anymore. We're on GitHub now. And we're using
GitFlow branching model which in a nutshell is:

SVN trunk -> GIT develop
SVN branches/release -> GIT master

Since the extensions aren't a part of the official release they're not
in the master branch. You must search for them in the develop branch.

https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/tree/develop/include/boost/geometry/extensions

and probably here is the dissolve() algorithm you mentioned:

https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/blob/develop/include/boost/geometry/extensions/algorithms/dissolve.hpp

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net