Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] distance contribution merge request
From: Menelaos Karavelas (menelaos.karavelas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 07:12:42

Hi all.

On 15/05/2014 12:48 ??, Bruno Lalande wrote:
> Hi Samuel,
>
> Before I go further into this, there are 2 things I'd like you to
> consider:
> - Could you please use the transform_variant and compress_variant
> helper functions I've put in place instead of the heavy MPL
> manipulations you're doing? I think that's exactly what you were
> trying to do (and I agree it's the right thing to do). You have an
> example in the perimeter algorithm.
> - Could you detach the handling of default strategies into an actual
> resolve_strategy step? You can take examples from various algos, it
> basically uses an instance of default_strategy class in the
> no-strategy free function, which is then passed along to
> resolve_strategy since it can only be resolved when variants are resolved.
>
> I suspect those 2 things will make the code clearer.

FYI, the distance code file structure has changed a bit: the free
function definition is now in
boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/distance/interface.hpp,
and the implementation details are all collected in
boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/distance/implementation.hpp

The main file (boost/geometry/algorithms/distance.hpp) now contains
includes to the above two files.
The code is not merged yet into BG develop, but you may find it in:
https://github.com/mkaravel/geometry/tree/feature/distance

Best regards,

- m.