Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Forking and compiling tests (was: Storage allocator questions)
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-08 16:26:13

Hi Henry,

Henry Roeland wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> Followed your suggestions and created a 'feature/persistency' branch
> in a forked geometry github repository:
> https://github.com/driekus77/geometry
>
> Added you (awulkiew) as collaborator to this repository.

Hmm, I think there is no need for that since I might fork it and create
a PR if needed, but ok, we'll see, maybe it'd be useful.

> I try to make some time this week starting up.
>
> NOTE: Tried the boost geometry tests and got lots of gcc 4.8 compiler
> crashes. Is this a known? Or should I create an issue?

It should compile properly. What do you mean by compiler crashes?

Here everything looks right here (besides MSVC tests broken by
Boost.Variant):
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/geometry.html

How do the failures look like? Is the problem located in Boost.Geometry?
If the problem was located in Variant, then you could checkout some
older commit, e.g.:

cd libs/variant
git checkout 6db941f3

And run the Geometry tests again.