Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Status of extensions (maintenance and release)
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-15 22:47:36

Hi,

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone remind me what, if any, has been the conclusion
> regarding how extensions are maintained and if they are
> expected to be released with the main codebase?
>
> I recall this dicsussion [1], but I'm likely missing final decisions.
>
> [1] http://lists.boost.org/geometry/2014/11/3213.php

It depends. We work on them and move into the release when they're
ready. E.g. geographic distance strategies was moved recently, though
they are not yet documented. We plan to work on projections in the near
future. Some of them require great ammount of work before they are ready
for release, like the nsphere. Some of them probably won't be developed
further and therefore could be removed, like the old version of the rtree.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net