Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] GitHub issues and more
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-25 10:52:44

Hi Barend,

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Op 25-5-2016 om 12:43 schreef Adam Wulkiewicz:
>> We now have admin rights on GitHub for Boost.Geometry.
>
> Good!
>
>> For example it is possible to enable Issues tab, make some branches
>> protected, change the description, etc. I also recall that Mateusz
>> wanted to configure something, now you should be able to do it.
>>
>> I'm considering enabling Issues. What do you think about it?
>
> Do you mean: instead of the tickets at SVN / track?

Actually I was thinking about having both, at least at the beginning. So
we could see which one is prefered by the users.

> How do other teams do this?

Some have Issues enabled (e.g. Thread), some don't. I haven't checked
all of them so don't know the numbers.

> I basically think it is OK, we then all more in one place, but there
> will be a long transition period. If we do this, I would prefer that
> it is not allowed to open new tickets in SVN/track (existing ones,
> there are many, should stay of course).

I don't know if that's a good idea. Some people may prefer one method
over the other.

> Do you have experience with github issues?

No, my impression is that they work the same way as PR comments.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net