Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Thoughts on adding 3D Delaunay triangulation and subsequent Voronoi diagram?
From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-29 18:23:08

Yes, I am!

That's a different, slightly tangential point. Boost.Polygon seems rather
limited in scope and as a user of Boost, it was very unintuitive for me to
seek out a specific polygon-based library that wasn't in Boost.Geometry.

After all, the Delaunay triangulation and Voronoi tessellations are popular
problems in the realm of computational geometry.

Instead, I'd much rather see Geometry be expanded to include mesh
generation. Or perhaps we can break this out into a separate Boost.Mesh
library.

I chose Boost.Geometry because it has a dedicated mailing list and should
be full of people with a passion for computational geometry so I was hoping
for a discussion about possible user-facing APIs/algorithmic design choices.

- Chris