Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] [GSoC 2018]Project 2:Nearly antipodal points distance accuracy improvement
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-16 12:58:44

On 16 February 2018 at 13:26, Vissarion Fisikopoulos via Geometry
<geometry_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 16 February 2018 at 13:34, Himanshu Raj via Geometry
> <geometry_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Hi I am Himanshu Raj , student at National Institute of Technology
>> Srinagar, India.I am interested in the above project.I have read the
>> project description at the page.I am also working on one of the
>> projects of uBLAS related to GPU computations. But , the above project
>> also interests me a lot. So, I have decided to work on both the
>> projects side by side.
>
> afaik this is not possible, but you can apply for both. At most one of
> your applications will be accepted though.

Yes, and it is also not advisable to work on two GSoC projects - we
all overestimate our capacities too easily.

As per http://www.boost.org/community/gsoc_2006_boost_overview.html
"Student selection: students willing to participate submit one or more
project proposals, typically expanding on some of the ideas previously
provided by the mentoring organizations. A student can apply several
times and for different organizations, but ultimately can only be
chosen for just one project"

>> I have also started preparing for the competency test i.e. to prepare
>> a test file and a header file. Please , tell me where to submit those
>> after I have prepared them. I think in 3-4 to days I will be able to
>> prepare those files.
>
> please add them on github and send a link here

It's good to follow "What students should do now" at
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Boost-Google-Summer-of-Code-2018

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net