Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] R-tree segment query optimization
From: Jeremy Murphy (jeremy.william.murphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-10 14:33:15

Hi Adam and everyone else,

this isoriginally a theoretical question about the R-tree, but I'm also
interested in the practical aspect of how it applies to the R-tree in
Boost.Geometry.

How would I best optimize a KNN query if the data are points and the query
geometry is a segment, but I also want to only consider points that are on
the right-hand side of the query segment (assuming that an orientation is
chosen for the segment and thus right-hand side is defined).
I.e., is it better to use a used-defined predicate with `satisfies`, or a
built-in spatial query such as `within(Polygon)` (if that is possible)
where the Polygon is defined to cover a sufficient finite region of the
right-hand side of the segment? Or some other way?

Thanks, cheers.

Jeremy

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net