Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Issues with difference
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-07 22:45:20

Hi Matthieu,

Op 7-3-2019 om 22:54 schreef Matthieu Beghin via Geometry:
> Hi Barend,
> Thanks for your answer.
> All my polygons are correct, calling bg::correct didn't solve.
> But definingBOOST_GEOMETRY_NO_ROBUSTNESS solved both cases...
> I'm working with double precision in a small value range (generally
> 0.0 - 100.0). Is there a recommandation for value ranges ?

Great that that fix it - and good to know, I will add these cases to the
testsuite.

No, for double precision not really (though you can push it to the
limits), 0-100 should be fine. Also with rescaling that range should
basically be fine, but there are some known issues.

Let me know if you unfortunately encounter a scenario which goes wrong
with BOOST_GEOMETRY_NO_ROBUSTNESS being defined...

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net